Bluestone Brewing Co was established in 2013 on our working family farm in Pembrokeshire. We brew a wide range of beers and have a popular events venue and taproom on site. We are looking for the right person to join our team and run our taproom four days a week.
In this role you will be right at the forefront, delivering award winning craft beer to our customers. You’ll be working closely with the Brewery Team to passionately deliver the best customer service possible and grow the brand.
We are looking for somebody with energy and enthusiasm who will help to increase visitor numbers to our taproom. We have lots of exciting projects taking place at the Brewery and plenty of opportunities to add value to the customer experience, we are looking for somebody with fresh ideas to take control of the taproom and maximise its potential.
With 5 taps on the bar and shelves & fridges full of beer, we have a wide variety of products available, so a good knowledge of craft beer is highly desired, but not strictly required. An enthusiasm to learn, grow your knowledge and to share that knowledge with our customers is far more important.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Greeting customers as they arrive
- Serving drinks and takeaway beers to customers
- Serving customers in a professional, efficient & friendly manner
- Helping customers make informed choices about which beers they may enjoy
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic bar environment, which includes regularly cleaning beer lines
- Helping to pack Ecommerce orders when required at busy times
- Taking payments from customers, which includes handling cash
- Undertake daily and weekly cleaning to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene of the taproom including cleaning tables after customers have left, end of day cleaning of the bar and regular toilet checks throughout the day
- Learn about our products and suppliers to better answer customers’ questions
- Carry out a weekly stock take, restock the taproom when needed and keep the storeroom neat and organised
- Work with the Brewery Marketing team to promote the Taproom and increase visitor numbers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous bar, retail, or hospitality experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of food hygiene and customer service
- The ability to work well in a team
- Great timekeeping and communication skills
- Own transport (if not residing in immediate locale)
- An interest in beer
- Fluency in spoken Welsh (desirable)
Full training will be given for using the till and cellar system
32 Hour Contract
Start Date: 30th March
This is initially a 6-month contract, running until the end of September 2022
We hope to be able to extend the position further and create a permanent role moving forward.
Your working hours will be 10am – 6pm on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The Taproom will be open between the hours of 11am – 6pm.
There is also the option to pick up extra hours to assist with Brewery events.
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Other benefits include a beer allowance, event tickets and staff discounts on beer & merchandise.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV & a covering letter with some more details as to why you want to work at the Bluestone Brewing Co Taproom & why you think you’d be suitable for the role to email@example.com
Please title your email “Taproom Job Application”.